[Year 12 IT Apps] Exam prep....

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 13 16:26:54 EST 2007

Was doing an on-board summary of topics with my kids today in ITapps (very mind-mappish approach) to help them see what they could remember as the main topics done this year (or had forgotten!). During our discussions it was decided (with a little prompting..) that each student be allocated a topic to summarize then we would 'pool' these summaries and I offered to copy them(there go more trees!) for a general course summary in THEIR words. This will be a great revision tool I am hoping given that its their ideas and interpretation. What worries me is the format and quality of what is likely to be submitted.
What do others think of this approach as a 'study tool' ?
Methinks I will get them to submit these in a certain font in word with certain parameters so I have a consistent lot of submissions.
Perhaps if good enough, could this be posted on our list or VITTA site for future reference, or would this breach any rules, laws etc? Legal stuff is not my strong point (as one perpetually annoying student keeps pointing out!).
KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."