[Year 12 IT Apps] Security measures

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Sep 12 10:38:47 EST 2007

Thanks Antonia, that is interesting

On 12/09/2007, at 10:14 AM, Antonia Caridi wrote:

> types, roles and functions of equipment used to assist in the
> protection of files produced and received by organisations * virus
> protection software, encryption software, biometrics, backup media,
> firewalls, surveillance technology to protect the security of
> information

What's the stuff after the *? Was that in the old study design?
Because it's not in the new one. The corresponding point in the new
one doesn't seem to have any detail provided in the glossary or
elsewhere

> criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of file management
> strategies * integrity of data, security, ease of retrieval,
> currency of files

This has changed from "file management strategies" to "data security
management stragies", but the glossary only has criteria for "file
management strategies"!

Russell
Whittlesea Secondary College