[Year 12 IT Apps] Viewing Youtube movies at School

Joseph Papaleo josephpapaleo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:54:26 EST 2007

hi anne,

have you heard of teachertube.com?  you can upload youtube videos to the
site and use iin your classroom (until it gets blocked too).  and if you
haven't done so yet, check out mojiti.com.  you can now record, write,
annotate over the top of videos - Video2.0, here we come.

another method is to download the youtube videos to your computer or server
as flv files.  Quite easy - I've used keepvid.com but there are heaps of
other sites/software available.  Do a search for "download youtube" and
there's a plethora of info.

Good luck
joseph papaleo

On 06/09/07, murch at tpg.com.au <murch at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all
> Just wondering how some of the YouTube movies can be viewed at school when
> the site is
> blocked. Are you able to somehow save them and get the students to watch
> them at school. some
> are really appropriate to ITA.
> Thanks in advance
> Anne Mirtschin