[Year 12 IT Apps] Security measures

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Sep 5 12:25:38 EST 2007

A query for the list:

How much detail are we to go into with "procedures and equipment for
preventing unauthorised access to data and information and for
minimising the less of data accessed by authorised users"?

I can't find any elaboration in the Glossary.

Potts et al covers biometrics in some detail, plus smart cards,
security tokens etc etc.

Some of these are mentioned under "security devices" in the study
design Glossary, however the term "security devices" does not appear
in the key knowledge or skills listed for any ITA outcome, only for
Software Development. It does appear in the description of Area of
Study 2 of ITA U3 but as far as know, this is not prescriptive.

I'd appreciate any input in this matter!

thanks

Russell