[Year 12 IT Apps] Bad, Excel. Bad!

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 16 08:23:48 EST 2007

Yep, Robert.  That does the trick!  Thanks.

And a big kick in the head for Microsoft :-)

Timmer-Arends wrote:
> look in tools menu -> options ->edit->extend data range formats anf
> formulas
>
> I think that's the 'helpful' culprint
>
> regards
> Robert T-A
> Brighton SC
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Hopkins"
> <a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au>
> <itapps at edulists.com.au>
> Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 3:10 PM
> Subject: RE: [Year 12 IT Apps] Bad, Excel. Bad!
>

>> Yes, but that's where the fun starts.
>>
>> Set the formula to sum(a1:a5) *before* entering the "1"s, and watch Excel
>> change the formula as soon as you've entered the sixth value.
>>
>> I notice that entering a "2" and then changing to a "1" inhibits this odd
>> behaviour.  What's going on?
>>
>> -Alex Hopkins
>> Bayside Christian College

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

You'll know when we are officially a civilised race: our schools have
all the money they need and the Air Force has to run a chook raffle to
buy a new bomber.