[Year 12 IT Apps] VITTA ITA exam 2 - my ideas of errata

Geoff Moss geoffmoss37 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 15 15:14:12 EST 2007

Mark
I wonder, are there 2 sets of papers and suggested answers out there?

For Question 3, my question paper said:
"Which type of backup only includes those files that have changed since the
last full backup of the system?"

Based on my paper, for question 3 you have altered the question, hence your
question.  Differential backup is correct, as it correctly answers the
question.  Incremental backups may be done daily and each incremental backup
will be the backup since the last Full backup and the previous incremental
backup/s.  (Incremental could be correct if it was the first incremental
backup since the full backup - but let's not add to the question.)
In Short Answer Question 5 the suggested answers I received from VITTA were:

ModelID = Integer

ModelStreetAddress = Text  (There is no alphanumeric data type for Access,
text allows the use of alphanumeric characters)

ModelHomePhone = Text

ModelMobilePhone = Text

For 5b, the suggested VITTA answers in my set were:

      Validation rule: (>=3000 and <=3999) or (>=8000 and <=8999)

      Validation text: Please enter a postcode beginning with a 3 or an 8.

This agrees with your contention.

Question 11
a.  Physical security measures
Mark said:
> Suggested answer:
>
> • A voice recognition device can be used to authorise users to access
> rooms, equipment or information.
>
> Physical?  Electronic, surely!  And not a very sensible option, if you
> ask me.

Voice recognition was listed in logical, not physical, security measures in
the suggested answers.

Mark adds:
> These all seem inappropriate for such a small setup.  What about locked
> doors, barred windows?

and I concur

Question 11 c.  suggested answer was:
Software: If a server is purchased to act as a central storage location for
the network, a network operating system would be a good addition. This
software controls the traffic on the network and defines how the devices
connected in the network will communicate with each other.

Other software may include: email, file transfer protocol, Internet browser

For Question 11d. the question in my set of exam papers was:
d. Explain how Privacy legislation impacts upon Adam’s security and storage
measures.

  However the suggested answer included reference to the Privacy Amendment
(Private Sector) Act 2000.

Question 12:
Mark said:
> The answer is a bit of a mess.
> Tasks B and D are 14 weeks in the chart, not 6 as in the data.
> This pushes tasks E and I way too far late.

In the chart and data tasks B and D were 6 weeks each in my qusetion paper,
but task I was 5 weeks, not 4 in the chart.

Question 12b.
> b. Which task cannot begin without others being finished?
> Suggested answer: J
>
> An unfair question.  I assume the “S” on the end of “others” demands a
> task that has more than one predecessor.  It should say so.  To be fair
> it should ask which task has to wait for more than one other task to
> finish before it can begin.  I bet 99% of kids would be confused and say
> that there are 6 viable tasks.

I fully concur.

Hence my starting question: I wonder, are there 2 sets of papers and
suggested answers out there?
Raise you 3 cents!
Geoff Moss

RMIT