[Year 12 IT Apps] Bad, Excel. Bad!

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 15 14:50:01 EST 2007

A curious problem with Excel.  Please play with the attached file.

It seems Excel thinks it knows better than I do about what formulas
should be, and I can't work how how to stop it.  Something to do with
its 'advanced formula error' fixing, I guess.  Very annoying!

To try it out, just put "1" into each of the shaded cells and watch what
happens to the formula for the total of section A!

Any ideas for fixes?

TIA
Mark

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

You'll know when we are officially a civilised race: our schools have
all the money they need and the Air Force has to run a chook raffle to
buy a new bomber.