[Year 12 IT Apps] Off topic outlook calendars

Ware, Kevin Ke ware.kevin.ke at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Oct 15 09:51:49 EST 2007

Good Morning

I have qs about outlook 2003 calendars, our school has a SharePoint site
with a school calendars, I can link this to outlook on my computer and
have the school calendar and my personal calendar side by side.

We also use a package called daymap which includes the ability to link
to my personal outlook calendar and I can view my timetable in daymap
and make an appointment or a meeting reminder in daymap which links to
my outlook calendar. My day plan then shows up in daymap with my
timetable, my meetings and reminders. This is really good but there may
be other meetings on the school calendar that do not show in daymap and
I may have double booked myself. I can visually check this if I open
outlook and view both calendars.

My question is can I import the meetings from the school calendar into
my calendar and if I do so is it automatically updated in my calendar
when new meeting are placed in the school calendar. If I share the
school calendar (not sure how)  it is important that it stays as part of
the SharePoint site.

Kevin Ware
Pakenham Sc