[Year 12 IT Apps] Exam Q B 11e

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Wed Nov 28 15:04:30 EST 2007

Yes there is a discrepancy between the formula shown and the written description! And I am sure that the examiners will have taken that into consideration when marking the question.

Having said that

1. Your answers are based on the formula =If(B2>=(B3+ l00),"ALERT"," ") and your first answer is wrong as that data satisfies B2=(B3+100) and so would show an alert.
2. The answers at http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au/vceit/postmortems/2007ita/index.htm make no comment about the discrepancy between the formula shown  and then show an alert being displayed when B2=(B3+100), ie they have read the written description and assumed as you did that the formula should have read =If(B2>=(B3+ l00),"ALERT"," ")
3. The answers at http://infonet.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/file.php/1/ITA4-Exam-2007-VCAA-Answers-DIGv1.pdf mix up B2 and B3 as This Bill and Last Bill but do then base their test data on the formula shown in the question. But the answers as shown are wrong.

Happy end of yearing!

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood