[Year 12 IT Apps] MC Qn 8

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 15 07:51:27 EST 2007

Further to this question, it doesn't really make any sense.  The
constraints themselves are operational and technical: they relate to
operational use of computer hardware.  However, I suspect the question
writer was actually asking us to guess about the _motivation_ for the
constraints, i.e. the underlying constraints on the person who made
the decision about procedures.

. Are we supposed to _assume_ that this is what was meant despite the
wording of the question, then _assume_ perhaps that the reason for the
B&W printer was economic? And how about the use of the existing
spreadsheet?  Is it the only practical way to do it (operational), the
more efficient way to do it (economic), is someone in the office going
to have a hissy fit if it's not done this way (social) or does the new
spreadsheet software only allow you to import data and not create new
spreadsheets afresh (technical)? The last two are unlikely but the
point is, we do not have sufficient information to say which it is.

Russell Edwards
Whittlesea Secondary College