[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA Section A, Q9 - dear o dear.

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 14 18:31:42 EST 2007

Just to do a bit of refleacting of my own (see Mark S's definition below)
here's my pedantic 2 cents worth:

1. D is the best answer since it most closely expresses the intention of
validation
2. but, validation cannot *prevent* the entry of inaccurate data. Stricty,
the statement should read: ...is used to *minimise the chance of* inaccurate
data entering the system
3. and when you read back your email (ie proof reading) you are not
validating but verifying: validation happens as data is entered;
verification happens after entry.

Regards
Robert T-A