[Year 12 IT Apps] Qu A 15

Geoff Moss geoffmoss37 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 14 18:19:01 EST 2007

Hi Litsa

Litsa said: "if you define a field as a number, it won't accept the
brackets"

I was interested in this and actually tested it today on Access and when I
placed the brackets in quotation marks it was accepted in the field with
number data type, as with a field with text data type when using an input
mask with the brackets included.

As stated earlier by Mark, zeros as prefix numbers will not appear and there
are difficulties with ext. numbers and some other number configurations.
Also, we would not use phone numbers in calculations so there is no need for
them toof number type.

I cannot speak for other databases, other than Access.

Cheers
Geoff Moss
RMIT