[Year 12 IT Apps] Game Maker

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 30 16:45:58 EST 2007

Hi Rob.
Got no sheets on gamemaker but go to the gamemaker.nl(I think this is the right site address) website and theres a stack of stuff there. If your needs arent satisfied there then you aint lookin'!
I've just started with my kids on this program(3 weeks now) for my first time and we have already explored its limits in 'simple' mode. For a first timer(me) in this program, the learning curve started flat then suddenly went straight up. Its great, my kids love to use it, and I will be exploring some other challenges next term with my kids using the concepts we have learnt from it. eg creating a virtual tour of the school and jumping from one room to another with shortcut keys. What can I say...I'm impressed with it. The kids love it and its a fabulous learning tool.
Oh, we use GM6 here but GM7 uses 3D apparently(I'm told).
Hope this helps. I'd be happy to share any ideas you come up with and find useful and, perhaps my kids could share some ideas with yours! Maybe set up a virtual link and they can bounce ideas off each other. I'm starting a game maker club at this school with about 10 kids who are keen as can be and am sure they'd love to exchange ideas with your students given the chance.
Have a good break(?) and let me know how you go. I will periodically check this space during the holidays so feel free to correspond if you like.
Cheers...Hic...will go back to our after hours fun and electronic game playing(yep, serious..about a dozen staff are still here playing an electronic game and hangin' about.)
KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. to years 8-12
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham

"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."