[Year 12 IT Apps] Database scenario

Geraldine McKenna gmckenna at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 27 23:23:53 EST 2007

Hi to all ITA teachers,
Woh...what a term!, I have had a terrible time with Outcome 1. I started the
term using Star Office Base but experienced much difficulty and frustration
with it so we installed our old copy of Access 97 - only to find that we
could not import data etc...So we have now purchased Access 2007. It has
been a messy term for the students and I. The students have agreed to come
in in the holidays to complete at least some of the SAC so that we do not
carry over too much in to Term 2. I have developed a scenario which I am
hoping is manageable and meets the requirements of the VCAA. I would
appreciate any feedback on this first draft. A list of classes, teachers,
students and book details will be provided to the students. I realize there
are no calculated fields in this task though they will need to use the count
function. Any comments welcome.
thanks and have a great holiday everyone.
Geraldine McKenna
Avila College
Mt Waverley
geraldine at avila.vic.edu.au