[Year 12 IT Apps] Losing wireless connection in to 'Edupass'(Offtopic)

Jeffrey Lynn jslynn at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 14 14:43:00 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au]
On Behalf Of Meadows, Roslyn M
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:15 AM
Ros

Besides using the "repair" option others have suggested, you could also
check to make sure that the wireless is not being switched off through the
power management. You should be able to disable the option allowing the
computer to switch it off automatically. What might be happening is that the
wireless is being switched off when going into hibernation/standby, but is
not being turned back on when you resume.

Just a thought.

Jeff Lynn,
Yeshivah and Beth Rivkah Colleges.

Subject: [Year 12 IT Apps] Losing wireless connection in to
'Edupass'(Offtopic)

Hello all

This is really Offtopic but I thought more suggestions might come from this
list.

Now that I am back in the state system I have a new notebook and every time
I close the lid or it goes into hibernation or standby it loses connection
to the edupass wireless, and I have to reboot to be able to reconnect.
Consequently I end up rebooting countless times each day and the waiting is
driving me bonkers!!!

It seems that this happens to a large number of staff in our school. We are
not provided with any way to physically plug into the LAN and are expected
to use the wireless.

Does anyone know of a fix or patch that can overcome this problem? Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :-)

Ros