[Year 12 IT Apps] OT help

fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 15:44:59 EST 2007

I know you will probably want to shunt this off to the tech list but as a first cry for help - any suggestions on the following problem.

Our area (or the dept - not sure which) has decided not to continue with the video conferencing system we had with vtel applications.  We have been trying to get netmeeting to work between ourselves and warrnambool.

We can get picture and we can receive sound.  We cannot get the microphone to work properly.  If we have the mike in the comp that has the vtel apps running it works but there is incredible echo in warrnambool.  If we take our mike out we can hear them no problem.

We cannot get any mikes to work in any of our acers with the sigma sound cards.  Have any of you tried something similar or encountered the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your response

---
Fiona Bain, Balmoral High School