[Year 12 IT Apps] Final outcome

Roy Smalley R.Smalley at chisholm.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 27 08:59:01 EST 2007

Hi Jock
"I was digging in my old IPM folders and found the attached. ( thanks
original author). "

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot I wrote it! Once again the list has
saved me a couple of hours of work.

It's amazing the link to the referenced article still works!!!

Roy Smalley
Access Department
Chisholm Institute of TAFE
PO Box 684
Dandenong  VIC  3175

Work:  9238 8496

>>> Jock Garnsworthy <ga at willihigh.vic.edu.au> Friday, 24 August 2007
9:58:40 >>>
Hi Jenna,
Here is my rough plan which is still evolving.
I was digging in my old IPM folders and found the attached. ( thanks
original author). Will use at some stage.
I am going to start off by showing the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4vDClhnJjs
which was posted on this list a few days ago. ( Apologies to whoever
posted
it, I have forgotten your name but thanks)
No, we don¹t have access to ³youtube² at school, but you can download
the
video using the unplug addin for firefox.
Students will then be asked to create a mindmap of what it means to
them if
the 1. WWW crashed and 2. The school¹s network crashed
After studying all about DRPs and the relevant material from the text,
I am
going to get them to develop a survey on DRPs and one of our school
techies
has agreed to come in to class and answer their questions. They will
then
use the survey to talk to someone in  the organisation of their choice
that
they studied  for holiday homework before the year started.
Another activity I am thinking of is to search the internet for 1. a
DRP in
place in an organisation. 2. A media article about a network crash and
the
consequences.
And finally use some of the suggestions from the list to put the
school¹s
DRP in action  ;)

Cheers,

Jock