[Year 12 IT Apps] FW: Ultranet

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 20 19:15:23 EST 2007

Yes.
The current review of government school intranets is the first step in the claw back of control of school IT.
They are starting with requiring schools to document their networks and redesign them under a single blueprint.
Under the guise of security they will then shut down "unsupported" external access tools like moodle.
To justify the ridiculous expenditure on UltraNet, they will require all schools to use it, thus making maintenance of other tools a
costly duplication rather than an alternative.
Any deficiencies in the system will be met with either denial or more wasted investment....

Hear this before ?

Heard of "CASES" ?

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au <http://www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/>
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans
themselves. Albert Einstein

  _____