[Year 12 IT Apps] Show file extensions?

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Tue Aug 14 16:49:05 EST 2007

I certainly prefer file extensions to be shown.

OK so the kids do not do it at home, but it used to be that turning off  file extensions meant that if you received an email with an attachment kornikova.jpg.txt all you saw was the kornikova.jpg  As an innocent you opened the attachment and it ran as a script on your computer - viruses were/are spread this way. (Gee wasn't it different in the 8 + 3 days)

So let's "teach 'em right" and shame on Microsoft for even introducing that option.

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood