[Year 12 IT Apps] Query on Excel

Bill Turner turner.william.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 13 09:32:56 EST 2007

Hi Diane

To protect formulas;

*	Highlight all the cells you want the user to be able to ALTER.
*	Go to Format, Cells, Protection, then UNCHECK the 'Locked'. This
removes the 'locks' from these cells, so that when you protect the whole
sheet, these cells can then be changed. That's why you select the ones you
want to be able to ALTER first.
*	Go to Tools, Protection, Protect sheet. This turns of the 'locks'
for every cell that has them. You have options to allow users to change
aspects of the formats of cells here whilst protecting the contents, as well
as supplying a password (not recommended for students!)
*	This now means that everything you haven't chosen earlier will be
locked.

I believe Mark has addressed the second part of the question

Regards,

Bill

  _____