[Year 12 IT Apps] Saving zip and exe files to network drive

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 6 16:27:18 EST 2007

I didn't think of that Cameron - not sure if winzip or gamemaker will
allow to save as a different file type.

I was just wondering what restrictions other schools have.

I have also been thinking that if that is the attitude (ie zip, scr, exe
files could contain viruses) then why haven't the techs disabled saving
of doc, xls and mdb files as all of these could potentially contain
macros that run viruses!!

In fact why don't they just put all PC's in the school into glass cases
- and Helen and I could just give notes from the whiteboard on "What we
might be able to do with a PC and the internet if only we had access to
them"

Certainly delivering any sort of curriculum is almost impossible - I am
quietly going insane!!!!!!!!!!!! And also virtually in tears because I
have been trying so hard for 6 months now to get the school
system/intranet/LMS etc working the way I know it can work but keep
hitting brick walls. We have moodle but the kids have no access to it!!!
And I cannot access moodle at home. Due to demand I have set up a staff
website off site (hosted by planet domeain and driven by moodle) using
my own finances and time because the whole system at school is so
alienating.

If there is anyone out there who would like to come and have a look at
the system we try to deliver our curriculum with and support me (the
principal also believes the techs should be in charge) I would be happy
to hear from you off the list - email
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

Every day the kids and staff complain to me about so many things - but
there is nothing I can do - the techs and principal run the whole system
and I am at a total loss as to how I can improve things when each time I
ask for a change I only ever get one answer - NO! How can I change this
all so that the priority becomes delivering a curriculum to students,
rather than 'protecting the network' and 'finances'?

Cheers

Ros

       Roslyn Meadows

Bentleigh Secondary College