[iOS] Testing an app on the iPad

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 22 12:15:46 EST 2013

Hi All,

I know this community hasn't been very active lately but I recently
found myself with a little bit of time on my hands so am trying to test
an app on my iPad. I am signed up as an Apple Developer (Our College has
a development team for the school app so I tagged onto them), I have
created and installed a provisioning profile and made the app using
XCode etc.

When I try to run it to my iPad (It works fine in all simulators) it
says "A valid provisioning profile matching the application's identifier
'TravCorp.Calculator' could not be found.

Note: My sample company name is 'TravCorp' and 'Calculator' is what I
made!

Has anyone gotten it to work yet? I would love to hear from someone who
has managed to get an app onto their iPad or iPhone!

Please note that I did go into "Build settings" and change the "code
signing identity" to my developer credentials and I assume I did all of
that ok so that shouldn't be the problem!

Cheers

Trav

PS. If you are planning on developing using XCode you will definitely
find that making the app is the easy part!

Travis Parker
Head of ICT and E-Learning
Ph: (03) 5945 3016