[elearning] Makerspace

Colin SYMONS CSY at gwsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 09:20:20 AEST 2017

Hi  Everyone
We are planning to build a Makerspace and wondered if anyone has created a space at their school or is planning to do so.   We are seeking advice and a sharing of ideas about design, equipment, location and access. We would love to see one setup if possible.
We are hoping to provide access to digital fabrication through the use of 3D printers, CNC mill and Laser Cutter. Has anyone had success with 3D printers, we currently have 3, but are not happy with their reliability. Can anyone provide insight into the suitability of the various Laser Cutter makes and models (and costs) for use in the classroom.
Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Contact me on or off list.
Thanking you in advance.

Colin Symons
Head of Technology
Glen Waverley Secondary College