[elearning] Streaming point to point in a school

Hutchison, Geoffrey G hutchison.geoffrey.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Nov 6 22:32:45 EST 2011

Hi Roland,

I am responding publically because it may be of interest to others.

We have used a Cisco PVC2300 camera to stream to other classrooms with some effect. The big restriction we have found is the level of light; decent light (whatever that is! daylight?) gives a good display. The benefit is that the video can be displayed via a web interface; i.e. multiple sites.

The camera is cheapish ~$400, so maybe worth a look.

Link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9945/index.html

cheers,
Geoff Hutchison,
IT Manager/Coordinator,