[elearning] LUV Beginner's Workshop on Sat 20 June

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:38:44 EST 2009

G'day all,

LUV are running a beginner's Workshop on this Saturday June 20th from 12 to
4 pm. I will be attending with some technicians from our school.

They will cover things like:
    * Partitioning your computer
    * installing various linux distributions
    * tweaking and configuring your system
    * automatic backups
    * home networking, including wireless (Edupass :-)
    * setting up specific applications
    * using specific applications
    * the Linux problem you're having

It is a great chance to get some valuable PD under your belt, even if only
to learn something about how Linux works and meet some of the users from
corporate and education sectors.  Most importantly ... there is no cost!

It will be held at The Hub @ Docklands, 17 Waterview Walk, Docklands (near
the corner of Bourke Street and Harbour Esplanade - look for the giant
rabbit sculpture) Melway reference: 2E H7 Parking can be found nearby.
Coffee and breakfast are available just across the road. Wireless internet
access is provided.
     Details: http://luv.asn.au/meetings/map#hub

For those coming via Public Transport (the best way) , the City Circle,
number 48 (North Balwyn - Docklands) number 86 (Bundoora - Docklands) and
number 70 (Wattle Park - Docklands) all stop on the corner of Bourke Street
and Harbour Esplanade. Southern Cross Station is just across the overpass
over Wurundjeri Road.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au