[elearning] hot new ozzi hardware

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:20:49 EST 2008

Intersting article about an aussie couple who are building thin client
computers that make good use of the Internet cloud. I am puzzled why
the DEECD keeps investing so much time in fat Vista clients or
reinventing the wheel with Ultranet. The good stuff is already are out
there .. perhaps in our very own backyard.
     http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/biztech/aussie-couple-take-on-computing-giants/2008/10/16/1223750210764.html

We are excited about a similar thinclient setup we are installing
around the college. It will work with our current (and upgraded)
Novell network in 2009. You can see a similar setup at the VITTA
conference for one of the labs and the cyber-kiosk.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead