[elearning] blogs/wikis/profiles

Baird, Anne P baird.anne.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 7 09:13:48 EST 2007

I suppose the reason that I am asking is

1. I admire your technical expertise- I wouldn’t know how to do what you have created in a million years and

2. To me, one of the fundamental purposes of having students create posts in wikis and blogs is so that they can communicate with other students, teachers, classes and experts around the world. Of course that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have to be vigilant and treat all connections with some care but there are ways, such as setting password protections and private settings to ensure that they are reasonably safe. It wouldn’t obviously be as safe as your environment but it does make it easier for ‘ordinary’ teachers to use these new technologies with their classes.

Again though, I admire your expertise

Kind regards Anne

Anne Baird
Leading Schools Manager
Wedderburn College
Hospital St
Wedderburn 3518
School 03 54943011 Mobile 0417 340276 Home 03 54911540
My LSF Blog  HYPERLINK "http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/"http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/
My Photos   HYPERLINK "http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/"http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/
My weblinks  HYPERLINK "http://del.icio.us/annieb3525"http://del.icio.us/annieb3525
Our Wedderburn  Information Wiki