[elearning] blogs/wikis/profiles

Paul jpgorton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:08:51 EST 2007

cross post from Year 12 IT Apps

I have built a PHP based wiki/blog/profile system here at narre warren south
p-12,
a few classes are using the blogs as a 'journal'.. nobody has used the wiki
yet, but hopefully soon.
and because we have it 'onsite' we have full control over the content,
as in we can delete an entry then and there if it is innapropriate.
the 'profile' section is perhaps a little questionable, but better than the
kids using the real myspace from school.
the newest feature is being able to include 'mp3' files in your blogposts,
AKA podcasts.
maybe you could use something like this as part of your new IT course, and
even non IT subjects.

anyways, there's a few screenshots at http://web.nwsc.vic.edu.au/narrespace

I would love it if a few other schools were 'beta testing' it for me too
though... hint, hint...

Paul Gorton,
www.cold7.com
web.nwsc.vic.edu.au