[Design and Technology] table saw recommendations for under 7, 000

David Godfrey DGodfrey at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Mar 20 21:27:38 UTC 2022

Hello Maryann
Saw stop sell good quality saws for around that price. It also has the added safety option that stops the blade instantly if you touch it. I have one at home that I bought for myself and its great for ripping small cross cutting of small board etc…
One thing to consider is what you intend to do on it too. Are you ripping or cutting engineered board as all these things affect your decisions. If its cutting engineered board do you want to score the underside first etc…

Kind Regards

David Godfrey
PD&T teacher – Ringwood secondary college
VCE VET Engineering trainer – Ringwood Training
Assistant chief assessor – VCAA

Design creates culture.
Culture shapes values.
Values determine the future.