[Design and Technology] Excellent 3D CAD for schools

pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au
Thu May 1 11:12:47 EST 2008

Good day, please click here and explore!

http://www.solidworks.com/
http://www.intercad.com.au/

Hi - AutoCAD, ProDesktop, ProEngineer and SolidEdge are fine 3D CAD
programs for schools, and I understand why schools choose to use
them.
However I would like to let you know about SolidWorks as well.

If you are serious about engineering design and have access to
federal funding over the next few years, I suggest you consider
SolidWorks. My belief is that if your school can afford a computer
lab it can afford Solidworks.

The Contact person is: Tony at InterCAD, Box Hill.
Phone: 0432681300 or
Email him at: Anthony.Scicluna at intercad.com.au

I've been using Solidworks for a few years and offering it to
students as an elective in years 9 and 10 with the aim of developing
their Design and CAD Skills for VCE.

You can download a video of the 2008 version at www.solidworks.com
I'm enthusiastic about this new release as none of the other
packages offer such a user friendly interface - it's very intuitive,
very powerful.

Your site license includes tech support. Student versions are around
$240.  At the moment if you are a user of Solidworks, you have access
to full 4 day training courses for Free (cost normally $2,300).

Most universities in Melbourne use Solidworks for engineering and
product design.

You can also contact me if you want to learn more or visit the
following sites.

http://www.solidworks.com/
http://www.intercad.com.au/

Regards,

Phil Cranswick
3D CAD instructor Aitken College

Privileged or Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), you may not copy or distribute this
message. In such case destroy this message and please notify the
sender by email, or call Craig Brooks (LAN Administrator) at Aitken College
on (+61 3) 9333 1866. Thank-you