[da] [Yr11 Information Technology] Cybersecurity Resources

Frank Peterson fpeterson at crcs.vic.edu.au
Sat Jul 30 00:18:20 UTC 2022

I second the ACA Groklearning resources. I use the Web security, Network
security and Cryptography as well ..
.. the teach dashboard and the live session info is great, especially for
online sessions.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 10:06 AM Roland Gesthuizen <rgesthuizen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice share .. thanks Kevork :-)
>
> I should mention that the Oz team from Grok Learning have course that I
> previewed and it looks impressive with a good teacher dashboard. Australian
> secondary students have subsidised access to this course.
> https://groklearning.com/course/cyber-hs-infosec/
>
> From memory they also ran a cool cyber exercise last year for school kids
> with the HMAS Vampire as a backdrop (and a nuclear threat?) Did anybody
> join this?
>
> Regards Roland
> --
>
> *Roland GESTHUIZEN*http://about.me/rgesthuizen
>
> On 27 Jul 2022, at 11:29 am, Kevork Krozian <kkrozian at rt.vic.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks
>
> I recently stumbled upon https://tryhackme.com  a fabulous site for
> learning about all things cybersecurity. I am sure there are many more
> sites colleagues can point to.
> There are free and paid sections. A student can gain a great deal by
> working through the free sections.
> There are “rooms” that focus on specific skills eg. SQL injection and even
> attack or target machines that can be started to carry out the exercises.
> There are videos, questions to test learning and much more.
>
> I hope teachers find it helpful.
>

> Speak soon
>
> Kevork Krozian
>
> IT Pathways Manager
> Ringwood Training
> Tel 0419 356 034
> <image001.jpg>

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

This message may
contain confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be
transmitted via email. The recipient should
check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. Catholic Regional College Sydenham
email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.