[Informatics] Unit 3 - Outcome 2 (SAT Part 1)

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:05:07 UTC 2020

Yep, for obvious practical reasons the parents will need to undertake the authentication paperwork as nominated supervisors, signing a coversheet you can prepare and returning this to you (photograph or scan) .. having said that, the VCAA unit guide is the final word and needs to be carefully interpreted so I suspect that the approach may vary from school to school .

My own personal thought is that I would recommend at least two different strategies to will help triangulate the authenticity of the work that students are are doing. It is kind of a research thing that I learned whilst working in the tertiary sector to improve the confidence of any findings .. the same problem that we have.

At this point we are planning to use a date / time stamped blog (Moodle LMS) submitted by each student after each period of work that captures a narrative about what has been done on that day and a screenshot or screencast to support this. In addition, using for each student a  GoogleSuite Drive folder will enable some tracking of documents etc, allowing us to snapshot these changes to file and enable tracking over time.

Our role as teachers then is to track the student progress, keep records and use these three bits of evidence to secure confidence.

I need to check back with my VSV colleagues but am keen to hear what others are thinking.

--
Roland GESTHUIZEN
http://about.me/rgesthuizen