[Informatics] Referencing: Will students get marked down for not using italics?

Benjamin Ratcliffe Benjamin.Ratcliffe at YVG.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 01:06:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

In Harvard referencing the title of a book, journal etc. should be in italics.  If they don’t use italics when referencing in an exam, will students get marked down?

Based on previous examiners reports, it appears this has not been a requirement as there are no notes to that effect, but I would be interested if anyone is aware of any directive on this.

My thought is that italics are NOT assessable as the variation in student’s handwriting would make this difficult.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Benjamin Ratcliffe
Digital Technologies and Business Studies Teacher

[cid:YVGSNRBanner_39296ef2-c815-440b-a517-dbc461cf39b3.png]