[Informatics] Audit

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Wed May 10 09:30:45 AEST 2017

Hi Vera

I understand where you are at. a few years ago I failed an audit too (one question)

I have been teaching since 1985, been on 2 study design panels for computing, one for IDM and marked exams every year since 1990 (maths, computing, IDM)

Back in the 1980’s teaching was just as hard. Adminis-trivia will never go away.

Lots of my acquaintances jeer at the holidays (not my friends) but not one has ever taken up my offer to come and teach my difficult classes for a week. Not one.

Year 7 is good. students in year 7 mostly still want to learn. then there is a wasteland until somewhere in year 12.
I have taught up to 3rd year Uni (as opposed to lecture) and even first years at uni still are not committed

The best students seem to be part-timers who are working - they are there by choice and by sacrifice. (and year 7s)

Retirement is still too far away and not enough super to live in the style to which I have become accustomed.

C’est la Vie

Andrew Shortell
shortell at get2me.net  (lists)
andrew at get2me.net  (Personal)