[Informatics] The Myth of Brainstorming

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Mar 31 16:07:19 AEDT 2017

Hmmm. Does being credited with an expression make that expression a fact?
Or is it still just an opinion?

Anyway, think of the people who have disagreed with the herd and been
proven correct - and thereby changed the world.
Copernicus. Galileo. Einstein. Darwin. Me*.

:-)

*“Any of Us is Smarter Than All of Us”*

Indeed.

Since when did any knowledge revolution begin in a *committee*?

Watson: I submit that DNA has a spiral structure.
Committee: Stupid idea.
Crick: I agree with Watson.
Committee: I call a vote. Sorry. You're both wrong.
Watson: Dammit.
Crick: Golly. Harsh!
Committee: DNA shall henceforth be defined as 'really magical stuff'. Now,
Doctor Wawking. Hawking? About this 'Black Hole' nonsense...

But, seriously folks.

Groups, think-tanks and committees have their right and proper place, but
that place is certainly *not* in creating revolutionary creative thought.
A single mind creates a revolution.
A committee organises the tradesmen to do the electrics and plumbing for
the revolution.

Mark

* Once I disagreed with quite a *large* herd of cows and was later proved
to be correct. So - nyaaa.
Herd of cows? Of course I've heard of...
Oh. We've done this before.

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com