[Informatics] Excursion

Garth, Lucas A garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 15 14:38:54 AEDT 2017

Hi Sylvia

If it’s each Wednesday then I’d consider:

-          Getting the IT staff at the school to show students the network.  Some are not keen to do this, but if you explain that you would like students to learn and that they can decide how much the students visit, this can make them more encouraged to do so.

-          There is a Big Day In coming up (Tuesday 6th June), promoted through these channels (can’t attend because my students are completing internal exams that week)

-          Site visits are often popular, though can be more of an activity for middle school students.  I think Digital Careers organises these on a regular basis:

Industry Visits (IT Excursions)

Digital Careers facilitates Industry Visits with interested school groups for students from Year 5 to 10.  The aim is to introduce your students to the workforce and show how Digital Technology is a dominant area of every business.

Industry visits run for approximately 2 hrs and include a combination of a tour, a talk, a panel discussion and where indicated a session of the 'Hour of Code' or similar activity.

To register your interest and for more information on these excursions please see our Expression of Interest form<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/school-industry-visit-eoi-tickets-19287187497> or email Shannon.dooley at csiro.au<mailto:Shannon.dooley at csiro.au>. Industry Visits are not booked until confirmed in writing by Digital Careers.

Regards,
Lucas

[lalorSC-logo_cropped]Mr Lucas Garth
Technology Key Learning Area Leader