[Informatics] Apple does something right? Wow

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Oct 28 14:47:54 AEDT 2016

Usually - to save time - I immediately assume every design move by Apple is
stupid, dangerous, or likely to damage the ozone layer.

I read today
<https://www.wired.com/2016/10/youll-miss-escape-key-even-less-headphone-jack/>
that they were ditching the function keys from their new range of laptops.

My knee-jerk greybeard instincts made me joyously utter, "You dumb
whippersnappers..."

Then I realised they were completely right.

That means either I'm becoming a better person, or I need to change my
medication.

Mark

P.S. I've still not completely forgiven Apple for removing floppy disk
drives about 15 years ago without asking me first.

And - deep down - I still believe that it does a POWER OF GOOD to modern
youth today to have to memorise the actions of 12 function keys multiplied
by various combinations of SHIFT, CTRL, ALT modifier keys - for each
different application.

I mean to say. I had to do it, and it didn't do ME any harm.

Sorry nurse. I didn't mean to hit you with my cane.

I'll be good now.

Is there jelly for dessert tonight?

I like jelly.

mark at vceit.com