[Informatics] VCAA Practice Exam - Sect. C, Q1, Sect. B, Q4.

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Oct 11 10:11:02 AEDT 2016

Hi Benn

I am not going to directly answer the question in the Sample paper but I just want to make a comment about the definition of efficiency. According to the study design Glossary ‘efficiency’ is measured in terms of time, effort and cost. The ‘time’ factor does not always mean the quickest time; it could be an indicator of a process that minimises the waste of time to complete task or it could be an indicator of the best available process in terms of time. This means that a process might take a long time but it may be the one that minimises waste of time or it is the best available in terms of time, hence it is efficient.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000
(03) 9032 1724
0407 043 110