[Informatics] Giving up Microsoft Office - cold turkey

Adric Gardner Adric.Gardner at wesleycollege.net
Sat Oct 1 23:09:25 AEST 2016

Consider http://wps.com/

From: informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Robert Hind
Sent: Friday, 30 September 2016 4:58 PM
To: 'Year 12 VCE Informatics Teachers' Mailing List' <informatics at edulists.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Informatics] Giving up Microsoft Office - cold turkey

Brave soul!

 I have used Apache OpenOffice but not Libre Office. Found it ok for most of my needs (now I'm retired). Have also used Scribus as a replacement for Publisher (I do like making personalised birthday cards). Really can't justify spending good money on MS Office and my old (2003) version was rejected when I updated to Windows 10. I have not used the database and it is nothing like Access.

Look forward to your feedback.

Robert Hind
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood
Retired