[Informatics] IT Competitions for High School Students

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:29:55 AEDT 2016

"Upskilling our students

The Government is funding national computing challenges for all Year 5 and
7 students as well as a national competition “Cracking the Code” which will
set various types of computing/coding challenges for Year 4 - 12 students.  A
computer science summer school for up to 60 Year 9 and 10 students will be
held annually, focusing on students who are underrepresented in STEM
subjects such as girls."

http://www.education.gov.au/inspiring-all-australians-digital-literacy-and-stem

There is more information about the nature of this, but I'm not sure it is
released to the public yet. But it's worth watching for next year, I think.

kp

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Kansal, Rita R <
kansal.rita.r at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>    We have a few students who are really good with programming in year 11
> and 12. They want to challenge themselves for their IT skills. Can you
> suggest some IT competitions that they can sit for?
>

> Regards,
>
> Rita Kansal
>
> Dandenong High School
>
> IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

Dr Ken Price MACS(Snr) CP ACCE Professional Associate.
Immediate Past President, TASITE http://www.tasite.tas.edu.au