[Informatics] Collection/Submission of Data for SAT

Fox, Richard R fox.richard.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 17 21:55:10 AEST 2016

Hi John,

From: informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au [informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au] on behalf of John Bellavance [John.Bellavance at beaconhills.vic.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 May 2016 11:53 AM
To: Year 12 VCE Informatics Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Informatics] Collection/Submission of Data for SAT

You said ...

> Benn - Considering at this stage they aren't expected to demonstrate manipulation of data, ...

Hang on a minute!

The SBA document says in Criterion 3 "Uses an extensive range of digital system components, software functions, techniques, formats and conventions to manipulate the selected data to produce insightful information suitable for interpretation."

So I read this as, they have to do the manipulation here, in order to get a conclusion to their findings.

U4O1 is all about designing, developing and evaluating a multi-modal online solution to present the findings, but in order to write a conclusion at the end of U3O2 I'm figuring they they need to have done their analysis to know the outcome.
--
Richard Fox
Teacher of IT and Science