[Informatics] DLTV Sample SAT solution

McCleary Scott McCS at jpc.vic.edu.au
Sun May 15 20:53:55 AEST 2016

Evening everyone,

I was looking at this last week too.  I have made it available to my students to get a guide on what could be expected of them.  None of my group were doing that hypothesis so figured it would be ok.

I think I would echo some of your thoughts, Richard in that parts of it seem lacking, and it's not really the "full" solution I was expecting.  That being said, it is a "sample" and I have pitched it to my students as that.  It's not a definitive solution but a sample of what could be expected and something to guide them.

I found the Gantt chart very simplistic, especially given that criteria 4 is pretty much looking at the project plan.  10 entries seems far too brief.

The data also made me questions whether it met the requirements for "multiple" complex data sets.

As for referencing style, I specified APA to my students as I wanted them all on the same page and didn't want to have to be worrying about working out which style they had used.

Overall, it's a sample and something that can be used to get the kids on track and guiding them a little.  And as long as we keep in mind that it is just a "sample" and not a definitive exemplar of what the work should be then I think it's perfectly acceptable to use.

Hope you all have a good start to a new week.

Cheers,

Scott