[Informatics] Number of 'IT' studies?

Fox, Richard R fox.richard.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 9 14:01:54 AEST 2016

Hi,

I have a recollection of there being some limitation on the number of studies in a given learning area that could contribute to a VCE score. This is the second year I have taught Year 12 IT Apps/Informatics, so this hasn't been an issue yet. We also run a VET Interactive Digital Media program here, doing Cert II in Year 10 and Cert III in Year 11. I have had some enquiries as to whether we might run Software Development as well, so am wondering if there is a problem if a student decides to do Informatics, Software Development as well as the VET course. Does this mean one subject will not count towards a study score?

Kind regards,
Richard
--
Richard Fox