[Informatics] Privacy Legislation and Census2016

Wu, Rachel W wu.rachel.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 9 10:23:40 AEST 2016

Perfect timing that we're talking data privacy legislation and census2016 is tonight.
So... technically can we make complaints via https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint ?? :)

Sharing some links for those that need it!
https://www.cpdp.vic.gov.au/menu-privacy/privacy-laws-and-standards/privacy-laws-and-standards-ipp
https://www.oaic.gov.au/
https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/about/legislation/health-records-act

census2016:
http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/privacy
https://independentaustralia.net/life/life-display/privacy-and-the-2016-census,9279#.V6Eu7XZojaI.twitter
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-15/berg-census-privacy-threat/7244744

--
Kind Regards,
Rachel Wu

Information Technology Teacher
Brentwood Secondary College
65-71 Watsons Rd
Glen Waverley, Melbourne
Victoria, 3150 Australia

Phone: (03) 8545 0300 (ext. 323)
Email: wu.rachel.w at edumail.vic.gov.au<mailto:wu.rachel.w at edumail.vic.gov.au>
Web: http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au<http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au/>

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.