[Informatics] Hypothesis formulation

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:54:58 AEDT 2015

Apologies for all those mail readers out there that don’t recognise the embedded EXIF code for the correct image orientation from photographs that I take with my smart phone.
		https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format

I  had the newspaper turned upside down to read the answers and was leaning over to snap this from the chap with the answers. Whilst the image is upside down, it does have an embedded EXIF tag that tells the viewer how to orientate it correctly upwards. Akin to a note written upside down with a further instruction to read it upside down to correct the orientation.

Whilst most image viewers correctly read this tag, it plays havoc for those who like taking photographs hanging upside down from trees as I have been known to do or from space. Here is a trivia question. What is the EXIF orientation tag for images recorded by a satellite? No cheating now ..

Regards Roland