[Informatics] Data Analytics - How the Internet Talks

Paul Pascoe passyworld at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:03:44 AEDT 2015

Hi everyone,

FiveThirtyEight is a website that does some very interesting Data Analytics.

Recently they have been looking at how language use is changing on the Internet by analysing Reddit comment data.

Reddit Ngram interactive<http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/reddit-ngram/> - a tool that lets you search for any term to see how frequently it has been used in Reddit comments since late 2007.

[https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/twitter-card.png]<http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/reddit-ngram/>

How The Internet* Talks | FiveThirtyEight
How The Internet* Talks *Well, the mostly young and mostly male users of Reddit, anyway. By Randy Olson and Ritchie King. PUBLISHED 2:00 pm EDT | Nov 18
Read more...<http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/reddit-ngram/>

For example, you know longer call your friend "Brah" it is now "Bruh"

IMO In my Opinion is what to text, not IMHO In my humble opinion, and in your messages make sure you are sending "Emojis" and not "Emoticons"  .... find out more large scale word changes here:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-favorite-examples-of-how-the-internet-talks-on-reddit/

[https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/reddit-brah-bruh.png?w=1200]<https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-favorite-examples-of-how-the-internet-talks-on-reddit/>

Our Favorite Examples Of How The Internet Talks
About two weeks ago, we published our Reddit Ngram interactive - a tool that lets you search for any term to see how frequently it has been used in Reddit comments since late 2007. And readers (pl...
Read more...<https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-favorite-examples-of-how-the-internet-talks-on-reddit/>

Enjoy,

Paul Pascoe

St Francis Xavier College Beaconsfield