[Informatics] XAMPP setup worksheet

Watson, Donald R watson.donald.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Dec 4 16:28:01 AEDT 2015

Is that in the new Study Design?

Don Watson

From: informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:informatics-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Laurie Savage
Sent: Friday, 4 December 2015 1:35 PM
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List; Year 12 VCE Informatics Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Informatics] XAMPP setup worksheet

Hi,

I wrote this quickie for XAMPP that my kids were able to get up and running in a few minutes. Make a copy if you like, your port settings may differ depending on your school's setup.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYLku5b-0uj-St3YxmWNSVE8Judf69f07UjuDrhz4eM/edit?usp=sharing

We played around with some basic command line stuff in Windows - making directories, moving files around searching by wildcard - the usual things. We'll spend a little time with some MySQL (thanks for the KhanAcademy link), They've been playing with PHP so we should have some fun.

Laurie
Laurie Savage
https://sites.google.com/a/pvgc.vic.edu.au/mr-savage/home