[CS4HS] CS4HS Sydney

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:50:17 EST 2012

Just spotted the glaring typo .. am tired and tetherd to a phone on a train
rushing to my destination in Sydney.

It is the NCSS Programming Challenge that they also organise. click her for
details.
http://challenge.ncss.edu.au/

Apologies James and team.

Regards Roland

On 13 April 2012 19:42, Roland Gesthuizen <rgesthuizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> CS4HS in Sydney was wonderful. Why not read the #Storify<https://plus.google.com/s/%23Storify>
>  story that I just wrote. I have a few more pictures and references to
> add but it is nearly finished. Details and link below. Special thank you to
> Nicky Ringland and Dr James Curran for helping organise this and inviting
> me to participate.
>
> I enjoyed the lectures, hands on laboratory sessions. There was plenty of
> time between the different #CS4HS <https://plus.google.com/s/%23CS4HS> sessions
> to get to know the different people such as +Liz Hemmings<https://plus.google.com/116235565758589912335>
> , +Nicky Ringland <https://plus.google.com/111905613472490788948> +Chris
> Betcher <https://plus.google.com/116830524696476899564>, James Curran and
> more. They did a splendid job and you really must check out the NSSCP
> Challenge that they also organise. I will share some details about it later
> but I cannot wait to try it out with my year 11 students. I had a really
> good chat to a speaker from New Zeeland and agreed to share notes and ideas
> about an American CS association.
>
> After a night to catch up on some sleep, I will be heading off home this
> Saturday morning. Love to hear your feedback or if you are curious about
> the notes that I got from this event. Thanks for those of you that shared
> me some tweets and notes.
>
> Looking forward to catching up with you all at a future CS4HS event :-)
>
> Regards Roland
>

>  <http://storify.com/rgesthuizen/cs4hs-sydney>
> CS4HS Sydney » <http://storify.com/rgesthuizen/cs4hs-sydney>
> The CS4HS workshop at Sydney included short talks by some of Australia's
> leading academics. Each talk was followed by a practical lab with materials
> and activities teachers can use in a classroom sett...

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead