[Aries] Hi and some questions and advice

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Wed Oct 31 15:31:22 EST 2007

Hi Clarke,

   Two items if I may while you are in Vietnam  !

 1. I have recommended to my school to implement some formal computing
quals into the VCAL program so that students get additional
qualifications to completing VCAL. At present one class was looking at
the open office qualification which was to last somewhere between 40 and
80 hours.
   I suggested we look at Aries.

   Q a) What is the status of the Aries modules re the VCE ?
   Q b) What is the minimum time duration if joining an Aries course? 40
hrs, 80 hrs , 100 hrs ? What is the maximum for the base/entry level
qualification?
   Q c) I know students get 1 VCE unit credit if they finish Aries. Can
they get that VCE unit if they do say only 100 hrs for the year or
perhaps only 80 hrs ?
   Q d) Cost of joining an Aries program for school and for students ?
   Q e) What qualification(s) will students walk away with if they do
around the 100hrs ?
   Q f) What choices of modules do students have in the 100 hrs , can they
do PC maintenance or some other topic area ??

 2. While you are in Vietnam do you think you will be able to locate some
publishers as we discussed previously regarding perhaps my next book ???
If you are too busy I understand .....

Take Care

Kevork