[Agriculture and Horticulture ] Effects of weather conditions

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Dec 15 10:00:08 EST 2006

Dear VCE Ag and Hort teachers

It was great to see many of you at the VAAHE Conference at Phillip
Island last week.

Some of you raised the issue of drought in your area and the effect this
is already having on your Ag/Hort program.

I would like to canvas the situation in terms of the potential problems
you perceive for the students in undertaking their small business
projects in 2007.

It would be great if you could drop an email to me personally
tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au that provides the following
information:

*	Your school and locality
*	Issues for your students (such as drought/insufficient water due
to restrictions or bushfire, etc) in being able to conduct their small
business project if current conditions continue.

Given your feedback, VCAA may need to develop advice early in 2007 in
response to the situation.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year and hope you
enjoy a well-earned break.

Regards, Lorraine.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Lorraine Tran

Curriculum Manager, P - 12 Design and Technology

Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)

41 St Andrews Place

East Melbourne 3002

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au

Email: tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
<mailto:tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au>

Telephone: (03) 9651 4407

Mobile:       041 933 1630

The VCAA provides curriculum and assessment for prep to Year 12. The
VCAA is a statutory body directly responsible to the Minister for
Education and Training and serves government and non-government schools.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.